Is WordPress Right for Me?
WordPress is right for you if:
- You want a blog
- You want maximum control over all aspects of your website (for example you want to be able to add new pages and have them show up in the navigation links)
- You want the flexibility of adding a WordPress “plugin” to extend the abilities of WordPress (for example you want to have a poll that you present to your clients, or a shopping cart that is integrated into your website)
- You like the idea of using a WordPress Theme to jump-start the design process (Themes are designs that change the look of the standard WordPress install)
WordPress may not be right for you if:
- You don’t want a blog
- You won’t be making many changes or adding many pages (or prefer to have someone else do that for you)
- You don’t want to keep WordPress updated (about 4 times per year) or pay Zolé to make those updates for you. WordPress installs that are not kept up-to-date are vulnerable to hacking.
There are other methods for updating your website. If you prefer a simple solution that doesn’t ever require a software update, check out the Zolé editor.